1. I acknowledge that I am responsible for myself at this retreat and have purchased adequate private travel insurance for the Japan Retreat to cover all medical expenses, loss of property, personal liability, trip‐cancellation or travel delay expenses which may arise.
2. I understand that by participating in the Japan retreat there are risks of injury, death and/or property loss. I hereby join the retreat at my own risk and responsibility. I discharge the Organiser and any other individuals or organisations connected directly or indirectly with the retreat from any responsibility in the event of loss of property incurred during, or as a consequence of my participation or while travelling to or from the retreat.
3. I confirm that I have consulted a qualified medical practitioner and I am physically fit and capable of participating in this retreat. I am not pregnant, or suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, or other chronic diseases which will render me unfit to participate in the retreat. I acknowledge that the Organiser has the right to disallow, disqualify or suspend me from participating in the retreat at any time and without compensation if the Organiser is aware of my above medical condition.
4. I understand and accept that the risks include the fact I may become injured or incapacitated in a location in another country. I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by the Organiser during the retreat, and I agree to indemnify the Organiser for all costs relating to any medical treatment, transportation and/or evacuation that will be applied to me if I am injured in the retreat.
5. I permit the use of my name and other data collected from me during the retreat, in photos, broadcasts, newspapers, brochures, online media and other marketing activities related to the Japan Retreat by the Organiser, their partners, agents, sponsors and associates.
6. If I am registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that participant, and I have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on their behalf. Each participant agreeing to this Agreement for him/herself and/or on behalf of another participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Organiser harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including all legal costs) of any kind or nature.
7. I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue and forever discharge the Organiser for all liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against the Organiser arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in the retreat, including without limitation any liabilities, claims, actions, or damages caused by the negligence of the Organiser, including any negligent rescue attempt, action or inaction to such extent as permissible by law.
8. I acknowledge that the Organiser shall not be liable to me for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
a) the use or the inability to use the Organiser’s sites, products or services;
b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into from the Organiser’s sites;
c) my participation in any promotion or program coordinated by the Organiser;
d) personal injury not caused by the Organiser’s act or negligence;
e) unauthorised access to or alteration of my transmissions or data;
f) statements or conduct of any third party on the Organiser’s sites;
g) any other matter relating to the Organiser’s sites, or the Organiser’s products or services;
h) my participation in the retreat.
9. I agree that the Organiser’s maximum liability to me, for any reason or cause whatsoever and to such extent as permissible by law, shall not exceed the total amount of monies received by the Organiser from me.
10. I agree that the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall apply to this Agreement, and to submit all disputes arising from this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.